Sunday, October 23, 2011

Knock, knock...

Why hello!!! Sorry it's been so long since I updated. I don't get home most nights until 8:30 or 9:00 depending on whether or not we need groceries. I am very thankful for my job and love the people I work with, but the schedule really cuts into my "spare" time. In fact, I am neglecting my household chores at present and taking a blog-break. :) On my last post I promised an explanation about Jacob's accident. So...on June 26th, Jakey decided to pull over our rack of wooden tray-tables resulting in the tip of his pinky finger being crushed! I was at work so Russ was left to deal with all the blood, screams, tears and drama. Nearly sent the poor man over the edge. :) Miraculously, not only was the bone NOT crushed, as the doctors predicted, but the bone wasn't even cracked! They sewed the tip back on but he lost his nail and some tissue. Fast forward to today...his nail has grown back and you can't even tell anything happened...except that his left-hand pinky is just a teeny-bit shorty that the other. He was so brave and so good about the bandages. He's just an AWESOME kid!!!!


Here's my little crime-fighters. Evil doers beware!!!

Sooooo...2 weeks ago, I had just left my neighborhood on my way to work when I went a little off the road and got caught in the gravel and then over-corrected and went zooming into a field across the road. Apparently, I cracked utility pole as I side-swiped it and then took out 3 fence posts before spinning around a little and being stopped by the 4th fence post. AMAZINGLY, I was able to walk away with only minor scratches and burns from the airbag!!! I am so thankful that God spared me and am so ANGRY at myself from almost depriving my children of their mother. I KNOW I am not the world's-greatest-mom but I am all that they know...and for some reason the LOVE me. My heart is so full of gratitude for my family and...yes mom & Dad...I am definitely slowing down and wearing my seat-belt. :)



1 comment:

Jami said...

Holy Cow Tara!! That is so scary! I am so glad you made it out ok.