Monday, December 31, 2007

Merry Christmas

Isabelle enjoyed some rockin'-chair-time with
Great Grandma after a nice long nap.


This year we had family dinner on Christmas Eve down at Buster and Lorna's house and then got together with the whole family (aunts, uncles, cousins, etc...) on Christmas day at Grandma's house for leftovers. Brooklynn was especially cute this year. She wrote Santa a letter and and left him cookies and juice and also left carrots for his reindeer. On Christmas morning, she slept in (thankfully, since I was up until 1:00 am wrapping and aranging a "thank you" from Santa) but around 7:30ish she came running down the hall to our room where I was changing Isabelle's diaper and Brooklynn said, "Is it morning time? Is it Christmas yet?" I replied that it was indeed Christmas morning to which she said "I know. I already looked!" I guess she stole a glance into the living room before venturing down the hall to us.

A couple of days before Christmas, I was trying to tease her a bit and said, " Oh no, Brooklynn! We don't have a fireplace so how is Santa going to get your presents in our house??!!" A worried look crossed her face for only a split second before you could see the wheels a turnin'. She tapped her finger on her chin a few times as she tried her best to think of a solution to this unfortunate predicament and then Viola!! "Don't worry Mommy, Santa is magic! He'll find a way". Then she was off on her merry way without another word.

3 comments:

Jami said...

I cannot believe how much Brooklyn looks like Russ and Isabelle looks like you. How fun for each of you to get a little clone!

394bull said...

When logic fails me I rely of Faith also. What a wonderful attribute faith is.

Love Grandpa Tom

Elaine said...

Sounds like a wonderful time. I really miss the great big parties we had. I am so happy you have a big family to celebrate special occasions with, it is wonderful for you and your children.
Love
Aunt Elaine