Saturday, May 17, 2008

Happy Mother's Day





I spent Mother's Day away from home this year. Brooklynn, Isabelle and I went to Columbia, TN with Lorna, Grandma Mavis, Amber and Bruce to stay the weekend with Lorna's sister Gail and her family. It was a cramped 4 hour drive but Bruce and Amber provided much entertainment! I got to attend the Nashville Temple Saturday morning and then go see Emily, Kevin and Amanda (Gail's kids) in a wonderful stage production of the musical "Into The Woods". Amanda played the music for the WHOLE show which adds up to about 40,000 notes on the keyboard...EACH SHOW!!! Emily was ravishing as the lovely, tower-abiding Rapunzel while Kevin did an outstanding job as one of the dramatically, comedic princes. It was a very fun weekend. As you can see from the pictures, they have a large trampoline that Brooklynn was loath to leave. I thank the Palmers for their generosity and kindness.

But, of course, my thoughts were far away at times…thinking of a lovely lady who resides in Phoenix, Arizona. Mom…I truly appreciate you more and more with each passing year. I am thankful for your gentle kindness and (when needed) your bold toughness. I’m thankful that you taught me that everyone falls, but you’re only a loser if you CHOSE to stay down. I’m thankful you taught me to reach for the stars…but even more for helping me believe that I actually could touch them! You’re the BEST! I love you!





1 comment:

Unknown said...

Tara, wow I am so touched! This was such a surprise! Most of all I am grateful you and Troy were so understanding.... because somehow I lost the instructions that must have came with you when you were born. :) You have certainly exceeded my wildest dreams. Being your Mom has been fun, inspiring, energizing and a blessing. I gotta tell you, you are so clever and smart and a joy in my life.
All my love,
Mom