Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Happy 10th Anniversary!

On April 3rd, Russ and I celebrated our 10th anniversary by spending a couple of days alone in a cabin in the Smokey Mountains. We chopped down branches to use as firewood in our fireplace, we caught fish in a nearby stream and cooked them for dinner and went on a 5 mile hike to the top of the mountain. Aaah! It was great to get back to the basics!
YEAH, RIGHT!!! Can you see me "roughing it" in the woods by choice??!! The cabin part was true, but this cabin had leather couches, jacuzzi tub, pool table, hot-tub on the deck with spectacular views and it even had it's own private, heated pool in the basement!! Now that's what I'm talking about!!! Russ and I almost never do anything for our anniversary or Valentines Day or anything like that...maybe dinner and, if I'm lucky, a movie. So I decided last September to plan us a little weekend get-away. It was alot of fun! Although, just as I suspected, we missed the girls tremendously and were thinking about them almost the whole time. We've decided that we HAVE to go back some day and bring the kids. Having their own pool with their own pool-hours would just be too much fun!!! We decided to save our money so we didnt go see any of the umpteen shows in town and we didnt eat anywhere fancy...we just enjoyed each other's company and swam to our hearts delight.
Truly, I am so very blessed to be married to my best friend! He has made all my little girls dreams come true. I know that sounds cheesey...but it really is true. All the important things I dreamed about when I was a little girl are mine because he is in my life and because he is the GOOD MAN that he is.
*Is he a goof-ball? Yes.
*Do his burps make the windows rattle? Sometimes.
But he makes me laugh and he loves me in spite of my many imperfections. Nobody's perfect...but he's PERFECT for me!!!
Love you Babe!


That's right!! I didn't make the bed!! And...do I feel sorry about it?? DO I??!! Not a bit!!!






6 comments:

Katie said...

Happy Anniversary!! I'm so happy you had a good time!!! I can't wait to see you guys in a month or so!! We need to make a plan!! YEAH!! Again...Happy Anniversary!! Love ya!

Lindsey said...

That looks great! Sounds like you had a wonderful time. Congratulations on 10 yrs!

394bull said...

I love'd reading about your anniversary event. I am so happy that you nurture your families experience. Your family is lucky to have a leader and great example of choosing happiness. Your garden will flurish in proportion to the attention you pay to it. You have a PHD in Family and Happiness. Love Dad

Amy Daniels said...

Happy Anniversary! Ten years, wow! We are coming up on our 5th anniversary this year. It is amazing how fast time flies. It looks like you had a lot of fun :)

Jami said...

Wow! That place looks absolutely AMAZING! Glad you had a little get-away.

Unknown said...

LOVE the cabin! I am thrilled you were able to get away for a romantic celebration of your anniversary. You two make a wonderful couple.
Love and kisses,
Mom