Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Happy Easter


Here are my 2 precious Easter girls! I had to bribe Brooklynn with Easter candy to get her to let me curl her hair...and it's not for the reasons you'd think...not because she doesn't like to get her hair done...but because she then worries about it getting "messed up" all day long!! She gently touches her curls all day and asks if her "curls are still there". She even plays softer at recess so they wont get messy. Can we say "high maintenance"?

They had so much fun discovering new hiding places that the Easter Bunny used this year compared to last year. Everytime Brooklynn would find an egg or a treat she would say something like, "Oh! I just can't believe it! This is the luckiest day of my life!" Truly we are BLESSED!


The next day I stuck my foot in my mouth when I asked the neighbor kids if the Easter Bunny came and visited them...to which the oldest replied "No. Why? Did he come to your house?!" There are 4 boys in their house and they are WILD & ROWDY so I figured maybe the Easter Bunny "skipped" them this year due to bad behavior...but then the oldest boy told me that the Easter Bunny has NEVER visited them...even when they "were little babies and were good!" I felt horrible for even bringing it up!!! After that, Brooklynn and I went through the girl's candy and picked out some treats along with a new box of sidewalk-chalk that we wanted to give them for Easter. It made Brooklynn's day to be able to give them presents and I could tell it made the boys' day, too.


Saturday morning we had breakfast and an egg-hunt at church. This was the first year we attempted to combine the egg-hunt with a branch-social and it went very well. The adults & kids really enjoyed themselves.




After the social/egg-hunt at church, we headed to Oak Ridge for a Easter party with Great-Grandpa Williams. Buster's brother, Russell, came along with his wife, most of their kids and grandkids. It was soooo nice to get together with the "Williams Clan". Especially since we don't get together nearly enough!! Thank you "Pa-Pa Wei-Wei" for being such a sweet and loving patriarch!!




6 comments:

Unknown said...

your girls are so cute! I am glad you had a great easter and that the branch activity went well!

Lindsey said...

I love that Brooklynn is so concerned with her curls. Their dresses are beautiful too!

Amanda said...

Your girls looked very pretty for Easter. Easter is such a fun Holiday. I am glad they had fun looking for eggs. Hope everyone is well. Talk to you soon! Thanks for your comment and your prayers with our family during our hard time with my brother.

Unknown said...

Wow, I love Brooklynn's hair! And both of their dresses are beautiful. Give them kisses from Grandma Susu, okay?

art by amber said...

Papa Wei Wei? Don't you mean Papa WeeWee? You need to consult either me or Heeyawer for correct spellings of nicknames in the future.

Amy Daniels said...

The girls looked so cute in their easter dresses! The egg hunt/social looked like a lot of fun. What a great idea!