Thursday, October 22, 2009

Hey Pumpkin!


It has been years since I have carved a pumpkin instead of just painting one, so I was excited when we decided to have a pumpkin-themed Family Home Evening. After the opening song and prayer, we read a story from the Friend magazine that was about pumpkins (and amazingly enough, everyone sat still and listened intently!!!) then we got goopy carving and cleaning the pumpkins. Brooklynn picked out a Mummy design and a Scary Fire Face design from this book we got at Wally-World. Brooky and I finished our scary face fairly quickly but poor Russ spent like 2 hours on the more intricately-designed mummy face. They both look awesome!!!

The next day we went to the good ol' Pumpkin Patch with Tara Lynn and her boys. The corn maze was even better this year and the homemade, fried, fuit pies were da bomb! Mmmmm! I just love the fall! It's my favorite time of year!!!

6 comments:

StepherB said...

Your girls are so cute! What fun! I need to go buy some pumpkins to carve! They are just such a mess! :)

Lindsey said...

Wow! The pumpkins look great! I bet the girls were very impressed with their daddy.

Amanda said...

They look great! We have a party this week and we need to get busy on our pumpkins too. I am like you it usually only takes a little while to carve mine, on the other hand Nate takes forever. He wants it just perfect. Silly boys.

Jami said...

Wow! Very impressed with the pumpkins. Nice job!

Unknown said...

Wow, both pumpkins look so cool! Heck when you and Troy were little, our pumpkin carving what pretty unsophisticated. Love you tons!

Cynda said...

I am soooo excited to being a Grandma again!