Friday, April 16, 2010

Success!

Sorry I've been absent from the Blog-o-sphere lately, but you know how it is. We finally have some nice weather so we've been busy enjoying it plus getting ready for the baby. An update...we were able to squeeze that 2nd twin bed into Brooklynn's room (FREE bed from my sweet neighbor!! Oh yeah!) and we will eventually move Isabelle in there with Brooklynn, but we first wanted to move her to the toddler bed in her own room until she is used to STAYING IN HER OWN BED before we put her in with Brooklynn. Izzy has had a history of wanting to get up at all hours of the night, so I was a little nervous and even prayed much about it. I really, really want her to be used to staying in her own bed all night by the time the baby gets here...just in case the new baby happens to be a good sleeper, I'd like to be able to get a few good hours of sleep myself. :~) And the results so far... SUCCESS!!!
I put a bunch of things in the crib so she would realize that there is no going back, but so far, she hasn't even seemed to care. She is quite proud that she can sleep in a "big-girl bed" and I am proud of her too!

1 comment:

APGW HR said...

Hey, that's a great idea to keep the bed in the baby's room for Izzy's adjustment. She looks so grown up in the bed.