Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Recipe help!

Does anyone have...or can anyone point me to a website or blog that has a wonderful, delicious, really crispy-crunchy chicken fingers recipe??? I cant tell you how many times I have tried to make them (oven-baked and stove-top-fried) and the coating just NEVER sticks and it never quite satisfies like Chili's or Applebee's chicken tenders...and now Hardees is coming out with their own "hand-dipped" chicken tenders! I want to know the secret to getting a nice, crunchy coating and to making it STICK. I've tried egg, buttermilk, plain milk...I've tried coating in flour before coating in the wet mixture...but to no avail. So how 'bout it? Does anyone know the secret??
PS-For the BEST mexi-meal ever, check out this recipe on one of my new favorite blogs It ain't cheap because of all the spices it calls for (twice!) but it's divine! I just made a double batch of the chicken mixture and will freeze half of it to pull out and use after the baby is born. Here is my other favorite food blog. Yum!

1 comment:

StepherB said...

I am really no cook...but my family all loves my fried chicken..so here is how I do it.
I just mix flour, garlic, salt, etc (any spices you like but plenty salty!) in a bowl and while doing this, heat up a skillet with any oil you prefer. I usually never plan ahead, so I have to defrost my chicken in the micro, therefore it is nice and wet when it is defrosted, so that alone helps the flour stick to the chicken! I just make sure each piece is nice and coated and even sometimes while I am frying it up in the hot oil, I spoon some more of the flour mixture onto the chicken so it gets a more breaded texture. Like I said, I am no cook, but that is one thing I make that my kids LOVE! :)