Saturday, June 19, 2010

What do June Showers bring???

April showers might bring May flowers, but June Showers bring July babies. :~)
A BIG "THANK YOU" to my sweet mother and sister-in-laws for throwing me a super-cute shower and "THANK YOU" to all the sweet friends and family that attended. We will definitely use all the diapers, wipes and boy clothes we recieved!! The food and company were excellent and one of my favorite parts of the evening was the "Baby Food-Sampling Game". I doubt the players enjoyed the game as much as the spectators did. :~) Too funny!!! Thanks again to everyone!!!



I was looking around the storage/Nursery room a week or so ago and realized how boring it was with the plain white walls and furniture crammed into every corner...and I decided I needed to do something to make this room really feel like it belonged to baby Jacob. I saw a cute idea on my friend Mindy's Blog and decided to give it a try. Now, she used the big, paper-mache letters, which turned out adorable, but I found these letters 50% off at Hobby Lobby, so I grabbed them. They are more flat and were already finished with a white paint, but I loved their whimsical shapes! I picked out some scrapbook paper with matching colors and Modge-Podged the paper on top of the letters after tracing and cutting out the shape. I Modge-Podged the top to give it a shine and protect the paper, but next time I will watch my brush strokes more carefully. In the right light, you can really see the srokes going all different directions. :~( On the whole...I quite like them, although I think I need to go back (when I get my next burst of energy) and measure their positions to get the letters to be a little straighter. I had to stand on a step stool and lean my big belly over the crib in order to reach the wall so...maybe it will have to wait until after he's here. :~)

7 comments:

Mindi Hoellein said...

Those turned out GREAT Tara! Love em! Good job, and I like how you hung them. I want to re-hang Lincoln's so that they are little more "crooked-y". :o)

StepherB said...

Looks so cute! I love the paper that you used on them! I love these letters in babies rooms! I made some for Melanie too!

Amy Daniels said...

Those Williams girls always have the best games at baby showers! It looks like a lot of fun. I am feeling quite huge now and the super hot weather isn't helping much. How are you doing? Not much longer now :)

Unknown said...

Wow, the shower looks like a blast! I LOVE how "Jacob's" nursery wall looks. I think you did a fabulos job! I can't wait to see you all.
Love,
Mom

Jami said...

Love the letters! Amazing what you can do with a little mod podge isnt it.?

Elaine said...

What a lucky little boy. You are the best mom, and very talented. I love the music. You always know just the right songs for occasions. I finally figured out how to get on your blog again. By the way when you see the brush strokes it looks like they are real oil paints. I have done pictures and layed the modpodge on thick and made sure the brush strokes show and it is a neat effect.

SherlBlod said...

Please don't rehang the letters. They are p-u-r-r-r-f-e-c-t (Grandpa says fantastic as you are). Love Grandpa Bert & Sherley