Monday, July 12, 2010

Welcome to the World

On 7/7/2010, we welcomed Jacob Russell Williams into the world. He was 8 lbs 8 oz, 21 inches long and apparently in quite a hurry to get here. I had actually been having contractions for weeks but Wednesday morning I woke up at 5 am due to contractions that were about 20 minutes apart and continued to get closer and closer together. By 7:30 am they were 12 minutes apart and I sent Brooklynn to wake up Russell and let him know that we might be having a baby that day. He wanted to leave right away but I wasn't positive since I had a false alarm last Wednesday but, luckily, he was persistent. We dropped the girls off in town with Lorna and we rushed to Knoxville (about an hour drive). On the way, the contractions got sharper and were between 5 and 6 minutes apart. The nurse at my OB's office thought it would be "faster" for me to come there first and then they would send me to the hospital if it was true labor. (Trust me ladies, ALWAYS go to the hospital first!) We got to the doctor's office at 9:35 am where they determined it was the real thing so they loaded me in a wheelchair and took me across the street to the hospital by a little after 10:00 am. I had progressed quickly to an 8 or 9 at this point with no medications or massages or anything so you can imagine how I was feeling. :) I tried hard to concentrate on Brooky and Izzy for comfort. They got an IV in my hand but they usually make you get a whole bag of fluids in you before they start the epidural, but blessedly the anesthesiologist took pity on my and started the epidural right away, which helped tone-down the contractions before it was time to push. Thankfully, it all went pretty quickly and by 10:52 am we had our sweet baby boy. He was just perfect!


Hello world! Daddy got to do the first diaper change.

First meal. Yummy! I love visitors.

Sweet sisters!!! I love my Great-Grandma!

5 comments:

Katie said...

OH YEAH!!! CONGRATS!! (I've been wondering if he was here yet!!) I'm so happy for you and he's adorable (so are the girls). Love ya!!!

Unknown said...

congrats! He is just darling! love the cheeks!

Jami said...

yeah for pictures! keep them coming!!! He is so adorable!

Amy Daniels said...

Congrats you guys! Isn't it nice to not be pregnant anymore :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! I'm just glad to hear you made it to the hospital. I kept thinking I was going to read that you had him on the side of the road or something. Phew! He is darling!