Thursday, November 4, 2010

I Love Fall


The Fall is my favorite time of the year! I love the bright, clear sunshine together with the slight chill in the air...it reminds me of all the fun holidays and family get-togethers that are on their way. This Fall has been a crazy one for us. New baby, new job, new family-dynamic, etc. Russ is adjusting to being a stay-at-home-dad and I am adjusting to being back at "work"...although in my opinion being a home-maker is STILL the toughest & most important job in the WORLD. And, yes, I do miss it...though I feel extremely blessed to be back at ORNL credit union. They have been sooo good to me. So we are ALL adjusting quite well to everything. Jacob is such a BLESSING!!!! He is the best baby in the world and I cannot imagine my life without him. He has such a pleasant personality and practically exudes joy and happiness. It is seriously impossible to be in a bad mood when you're around him. Just as his baby-blessing foretold, he is a "mighty example" and an "inspiration". The girls are so cute with him! They love to cuddle and coo with him...and Brooklynn is quite the nurturing little "mommy". I absolutely ADORE my little family and am so thankful for every moment. I just pray that I can be everything for them that they need and deserve.

Luigi and Mario!

We celebrated Halloween on Saturday night this year with dinner, games and trunk-or-treat at church. At first Brooklynn wanted to be Sonic the Hedgehog, which was going to take quite a bit of time and creativity on my part, so I was happy when she fell in love with this "Iron-ette" costume. (Think Iron Man's younger, super-cute sister) Red and shiny with a cape and boots!!! What's NOT to love? (Brooky dressed up as a scientist for school.) Izzy wanted to wear the good-witch, hand-me-down costume. Only Izzy can make a witch look angelic! And I finally succeeded in getting Russ to "dress-up" for Halloween this year. We used eyeliner to darken in his "scruff" and make his eyes look akin to Captain Jack Sparrow. He blackened out a tooth and donned some minor costume items and VIOLA...Captain Russ Williams, aarrgh!

1 comment:

turtleyes said...

You have had more weather (winter) than normal this year.