Saturday, July 23, 2011

It's GREAT to be 8!


Wow! What a huge milestone in Brooklyn's life and in mine! I've been thinking about this day for 8 years now and it was on my mind a lot the past 6 months...but it really feels like I blinked...and the day was here. We've talked to Brooklynn several times in earnest about this important step and tried out best to prepare her and hope it was enough. Honestly...the day before and this morning were a little stressful for me...there were several things that totally slipped my mind like speakers, music...you know, little stuff :~) As I watched from the side of the baptismal font as my precious little girl went underneath the water and then rose out of it in a symbol of her faith in Jesus Christ and what He does for us..I said a little prayer that Brooklynn's little 8 year-old heart would somehow be able to understand what a wonderful thing it was that she was doing. As she walked out of the water and I wrapped her in a towel and hugged her, I noticed she was shivering...and smiling. She wasn't cold but she was shivering from excitement! She bounced up and down saying, "I did it! I did it! I can't believe I did it! I'm so happy! I'm a member of Jesus' church!" And that right there, ladies and gentlemen, was all a I needed to ease my heart and soul. For that moment in time, I think my heart felt as blissed-out as Brooklynn's seemed to be. It was perfect.


The party afterwards was a lot of fun. Especially watching all the kids trying to be pro-hoola-hoopers!


1 comment:

turtleyes said...

What a wonderful day for Brooklyn. What a wonderful young lady. Thanks for sharing.