Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Smokey Mountain High

For Labor Day weekend, we went up to the Smokey Mountains to a place called GreenBriar where Russ' family would often visit when he was a child. The scenery was breathtaking as was the chilly water! :~) I admit that at first I really just wanted to stay home and relax, but I am very glad that Russ talked me into going.

Brooklynn, Garret & Michael playing on the rocks at the picnic area. Don't you just love Michael's hair in this pic?


Where the waterfall went behind that rock in the background, it created a kind of natural water-ride. We would slip off of the rock into the rushing water and it would "woosh" you down stream a bit. It was soooo much fun! I can't wait to go back next year!

Handsome Boys! Couldn't you just eat them up?!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow what a beautiful location!! The water slide looks like a blast. Building memories in the Smoky Mountains sure looks like fun.

Miss and love you all,
Grandma Susu

Lindsey said...

Okay, I am so jealous. This is exactly what I miss about the south. It looks like you all had a great time.

The Brann's said...

Looks like tons of fun. The "waterfall ride" sounds like tons of fun!!

Jami said...

Sounds fun. So sad to see summer coming to quick end isn't it?