Monday, February 16, 2009

What we've been up to...

Well, we've had a busy and exciting new year. First, I was called to be the Stake Primary Secretary, but after only a few weeks in, I was told that I would be released in order to provide full support for my husband as he was being called to be our new Branch President!!! What??!! Russ and I sat in complete shock for several minutes when our Stake President first told us, but after a few minutes we regained the ability to communicate and Russ accepted this new opportunity to serve. He was set apart a few weeks ago and I can already see the amount of dedication this calling is going to require. I know Russ can do it...but I was a little nervous about him being gone from us so much. I admit it...
I am spoiled! Russ has always been a very involved dad and I've come to rely on him so much...too much. It's strange how I've been praying extra hard lately for more confidence as a mother and to rely less on Russ...and what happens??? All I can say is the Lord does hear and answer prayers...just not always in the way you might expect. :) We are all excited about our new adventure as a family, especially Brooklynn. Now when her Primary teachers threaten, "Do I need to send you to the Branch President's office?!" Brooklynn says, "Yeah!!!"
Happy Love Day!!!

4 comments:

Jami said...

Wow!!! That is awesome! Russ will be amazing and we know your family will be greatly blessed for it.

Unknown said...

wow, I know Russ will do an amazing job. And you will come into your own.....I know this for real!
The cookies look yummy!

Amanda said...

That is great! It sounds like you took the news like I did being called as the new Gospel Doctrines teacher. Except I just burst into tears. He will do great!

Amy Daniels said...

I heard the news about Russ from my mom a while back and thought it was awesome! I hope all is well with you and the family :)